RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (REF.: 2023/64)
The Genomics and transcriptomics of synucleinopathies (GTS) group of the IGTP, focuses on the molecular characterization of Lewy body diseases. Over the past 10 years we have specialized in dementia with Lewy bodies with the goal to provide peripheral diagnostic markers. Now, we are looking for a young entrepreneur for an ambitious project with an important social impact, especially for patients. You will develop diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers for Lewy body disorders and validate the diagnostic potential of a miRNA-based signature and the prognostic power of RNA transcripts for dementia with Lewy bodies. This entirely translational research project aims to offer solutions for patients, clinicians, and the development of therapeutic strategies. The successful accomplishment of the validation studies will be essential for the creation of a spin-off company.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- FPII Technician with special focus in molecular biology or similar.
- Experience in sample handling and processing.
- Strong experience in molecular biology (DNA and RNA isolation, RNA quantification, and PCR and genotyping).
- Knowledge in databases and basic computer skills.
- To be able to work independently and take initiative,
- take an active part of the team,
- be accurate and have a strong feeling of responsibility, and
- be perseverant and have a strong ambition to learn.
- Good English level desirable.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in sample obtaining and processing.
- Data entry.
- Participate in biomarker search and validation experiments.
- Lab organization.
- Discuss results with other lab members.
- Report results on external meetings.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time contract.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent in the position covered by this call, will be set according to the amount awarded for the grant awarded, distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Advanced Training in Entrepreneurship, 80 hours.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Excellent research and training opportunities with access to state-of-the-art facilities
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
- Location at the Can Ruti Campus, a top-level translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a very stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote professional development and help you achieve your research goals.
- Starting date - as soon as possible.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should send a motivation letter and their CV by email to email@example.com, including the job offer reference in the subject of the email.
CANDIDATES THAT DO NOT INDICATE THE REFERENCE OF THE OFFER IN THE SUBJECT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
After a pre-selection of applicants, the most suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.